Wednesday, June 11, 2014

It's Truer Than True!

 
Jun 9, 2014
 
Hola familia!
 
This week has been super rainy here! Funny story time: So like last Tuesday it was a downpour and the streets here turn into rivers when it rains. We needed to cross a street so we bought trash bags that we used potato sack race style to cross the river, I mean street, to keep our feet dry haha. It totally failed and we were soaked but it was fun!
 
This week I got a new compañera!!!!!!! She´s Hna. Farias and I just ADORE her! She was born in California and lived in San Diego for a few years and goes to BYU too! She´ll be 20 next month and her parents are Mexican so she grew up speaking Spanish in her home and in their Spanish ward so it basically couldn´t be any more perfect! 
 
This week went by way too fast it feels! Yesterday we had a beautiful baptism service for Catalina! She´s 14 years old and her parents are menos activos that we found contacting one night. It´s amazing to see the change in this family. They hadn´t gone to church in 11 years but are reactivating now. The mom had a problem with smoking but she prayed hard about it and was able to give it up just like that. You should hear her testimony of prayer because of this experience, it´s so powerful! The family is so much more happy now! Catalina is just all smiles! There´s just no words to describe the change the gospel has brought to this home. They had a lot of problems before but now the problems aren´t gone yet but they are overcoming them with strength and happiness and a new perspective. I feel too blessed to be able to see this change in the family! I just love them so much! This gospel is so true, it´s truer than true. I love being a missionary and being able to see everyday miracles like this. I wish I could communicate in words how amazing it is, but there´s just none.
 
Besides that, nothing more exciting happened this week. Oh! actually I have another funny story but it´s actually more sad than funny. So for my birthday I bought myself this super cool backpack. It´s like the coolest backpack I´ve ever seen in my life. It´s super colorful and made with the same material as my baja jackets so super Latin America and Super cool. On the front pocket is this square that was stitched on that´s a bunch of colorful checkers. I didn´t think anything about it, I just thought it added to the color of the backpack. My new compañera saw it last night and was like uhhh did you add that on to the backpack and I was like no, why? Apparently it´s a communist flag.. Gosh. Why didn´t anyone tell me that before I bought it! So I´m going to find a Chilean flag to stitch over the top of it. Man. At least now I know what a communist flag looks like...

On that note, I hope you all have an awesome week!! Enjoy the warm sun because here it´s FREEZING and rainy. But the snow on the mountains is a pretty sight! Also I´m sending photos! I love you all and I´ll talk to you next week!!!

Con todo el amor en mi corazon,
Hermana Evans










 

 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment