Wednesday, March 11, 2015

Jesus The Christ

March 9, 2015

Hola familia!

I hope you guys are having a great week!

This week was great. On Tuesday we had our consejo with President. I love consejo because I get to see all my missionary friends and of course President and Hermana Kahnlein. But honestly of all the blessings that just seem to come from serving, I really am grateful for all the people I`ve been able to meet and friendships I`ve made with the people here in my mission. I just love everyone SO much! And president and hermana Kahnlein are just amazing. I seriously have the best mission president in the WORLD! Here`s my psychic prediction of the week: In General Conference next month he`s going to be called as a General Authority because they finish their mission in beginning of July. 4 weeks before me! So lame. But yeah we`ll see if I`m right, he is just too amazing and powerful and Christlike and spiritual and everything amazing to not be a general authority. I can`t wait to tell you guys about him in real life because I just can`t accurately communicate how amazing they are over email. He`s such a powerful example of obedience and diligence in my life, I am just so grateful to have him as our president here.
 
Also this week I FINALLY finished reading Jesus the Christ by Talmage. I just have to say that everyone should read that book!!! It is SO SO SO amazing. It`s way cool how he chronicles through Christ`s life from the pre existence through the millennium. He takes you step by step through His life as written in the bible and then pieces it with the Book of Mormon and his visit to the Americas and then goes through the apostasy and then when he restored His church through Joseph Smith to today how he still is leading it to the second coming. Oh my gosh it is just so awesome! My testimony of Jesus Christ has been strengthened SO MUCH! I love how he shows Christ as a real person, not just the Savior of the World. It shows that He really did have emotions, and reacted to things. He celebrated holidays, He liked traditions, He even got mad. He did it all but He did it in the right ways, without ever losing control. The thing that impacted me most was to realized that just because He lived a perfect life, He didn`t live an easy life. He experienced temptations just like me. It wasn`t easy for Him to overcome the temptations. He experienced the pain and the strong desire of giving in to the temptation, And yet when we say yeah I can`t take it anymore and give in, He kept persevering through the strong desires and wants. I always just thought it was easy for him to say no or to always make the right choice because I mean, He`s JESUS CHRIST! The Son of God! It should be easy for someone like Him to say no to worldly things. But He was just as human as each one of us. It wasn`t easy for Him in the very same way that it`s not easy for us, yet where we can`t keep going and give in or say well maybe just this once or make the excuse that we were born this way and can`t change, or whatever other justification we make, He kept going and kept enduring, inspite of everything else.. He kept his eye on the prize and never let it go. I really really really admire that. A lot. After reading about His life and His sacrifices, it makes me want to be a better person to show Him just how grateful I am. I want to endure like He did. I don`t want to make excuses, even in situations where it could be totally justified. I`ve heard a lot of excuses from people over the past year and honestly that is just what every single one is. An excuse. And honestly they all just suck because they just block blessings out of people`s lives. It keeps them from becoming more Christlike and taking advantage of all that Christ did for us and does for us. 
 
I want so bad to be like Christ. I want to have His gentle touch. I want to always stand for what is right. I want to keep my emotions under control. I want to be patient. I want so bad to be like Christ. I have a long way to go but, the great thing about the gospel is that I know that I can get there. That book is just so so awesome. I`m probably going to start it again. 
 
So anyway, our investigator Teresa came to church again yesterday!!! WOO HOO!!! She loves it and she is way excited to get baptized! We taught her about baptism yesterday and I shared my testimony of what my baptism means to me and she was so cute, she had to get up and hug me afterward in the middle of the lesson. That actually meant a lot to me that she did that because I know that it means she felt something through my words and she could see that what I was saying was really important to me. She was way cute too, she told us that she loves church and that she`s going to keep going even when we leave haha. I mean that`s kinda the idea. But Teresa is just the most loving and faithful woman. She loves everything and wants us to come everyday. We also had once with her and her husband Julio. He`s great too but whenever we start talking about the church he usually just bolts it up the stairs. But over once we were able to talk with him and he`s such a good guy. He told us that he`s more realistic though because he carries the responsibility of providing for the family so he can`t be as spiritual and trusting like his wife because he has to look at the reality and what really will happen. He`s really worried about their son Christian, because he has special needs and he`s worried what`s going to happen to him when he`s not around anymore. We`ve gained a lot of confidence with him this past week and I know that one day, when it`s his time, he`ll listen to the discussions too and be baptized. But I just love this family. Really they are an answer to so many prayers. 
 
Funny story of the week: We met a drunk Spaniard in the street the other day contacting who starting singing us Spanish love songs and he kept thanking the people of Viña del Mar for their support and love and how he`ll be having performances all week. It was entertaining to say the least haha. We gave him a card to visit mormon.org. Maybe he will. Who knows. 
 
But yeah that`s about it for now. I love you guys so much!! Have a great week!
 
con todo el amor en mi corazón, 
Hermana Evans
 

Posted: 09 Mar 2015 04:39 AM PDT
Esta vez sólo hay una foto .. pero el consejo fue tan poderoso como siempre!



 

Birthday potato for a zone leader
 
  
Chilean cats chillin in the sun
Cute story by Samantha's companion, Hermana Hansen:

 Fun story, we can´t drink coke in the mission, and we were contacting this guy, and he says ´do you want something to drink?´ And we´ve been walking hills all day and it´s a million degrees so of course we say YES. But then as he goes inside to get us something, we remember that Chileans drink coke like it´s water. So we´re like SHOOT what are we going to do?! So then he comes back out with just one glass of coke, and my companion says coke makes me sick, can you fill my water bottle instead? and I said yeah that would be awesome! so then he took the water bottles inside to fill them and I just dumped out the glass of coke off the cliff. The things we do to obey... but we got water all the same. Good day good day!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment