Monday, October 6, 2014

The Greatest Compliment Ever!!!!!

September 6, 2014

Hola familia!

Wasn´t this weekend just amazing!!! Man, I love listening to the prophet and his apostles. I feel recharged and with even more motivation to go out and share this marvelous gospel with EVERYONE.... Because let's be honest, there ain't nothing better!
Hahaha.... mom thanks for asking about our investigadors! DJFrankyFly (as I like to call him, his name is Franco but we have two investigadores named Franco right now so it helps differentiate.... FrankyFly is the 58 year old DJ) He´s doing good. He comes to VAS (the aged single adults) family home evening on Fridays and he even came to the Sunday morning session of conference! His previous dates for baptism have fallen through but after coming to conference we're planning on inviting him again in our next charla (discussion). Hopefully all goes well.
 
Barbara is just made of gold. I love this girl SO much! She´s 23 and has the cutest little baby who´s almost 5 months. Gosh I just want to hold that little green bean every time we teach her. She´ll be baptized the 25 this month!! She´s so sweet! So she told us that she was going to come with us to watch conference at the stake center so we were waiting and waiting for her and calling her but she never came. We felt really sad that she was going to miss hearing the prophet. So that Sunday night we passed by her house to visit her and see what happened this morning. She answers and tells us that she watching it ALL on the internet in her house!! Is she the best or what?? She´s so cute, she was like I couldn´t remember how you told me to find the web page so I just googled latter day saints and I found it!! You wouldn´t believe how much stuff is on there to help you learn and understand!!¨ Haha just thinking about her makes me smile. 
 
Franco (the other one) also came to all the sessions on Saturday. I was beyond grateful for Uchtdorf´s message. He pretty much addressed and resolved and said everything we´ve been telling him this past month. I was like Pres. Uchtdorf knew Franco was going to be there and was speaking right to him. Then Eduardo .... something, who spoke in Spanish Saturday was just perfect for Franco to hear too! We´ve seen the most beautiful change in Franco over the past few weeks. There´s just more light in his face. We´ll meet with him tomorrow to hear what he thought of it all. He has a date for baptism the 25th as well!!!!

We also started teaching this man Luis. We had our second lesson with him Friday and we taught him the Restoration. He is probably the most receptive person ever. After describing the first vision and testifying of it, he goes, I don´t doubt what you´ve told me is true. There´s no other way. He´s gone through a lot in his life, he lost his 20 year old son some years back and still hasn´t recovered. He´s always been really religious but fell away from churches because he was confused about why all are different. We got into a really good discussion and we were able to testify of the restoration of Christ´s church for us. And then he gave what I´m sure is the greatest compliment I will ever receive in my entire life. He said that through my words, he could really feel and know that Christ loves him. I don´t even know what I said. But I felt so humbled that he was able to feel Christ´s love for him. He has a date for baptism the 26th of this month. 
 
We have lots of great things to come!!! Hopefully these people can continue keeping their commitments so they can be baptized at the end of the month. The one worry that I have that just gives me a great pit in my stomach is that this Wednesday are cambios. Which means there´s a change that I could be moved to a different area. I don´t want to go. I really don´t want to go. There´s too many people here right now that I just love and want to be here with them when they come unto Christ and are baptized. I don´t know if I´ve ever prayed so hard to stay. But it´s what the Lord wants right?? Hopefully he wants me here too. 
 
So conference this weekend. SO AMAZING!!!!!! I loved that now they´re letting people speak in their native language! How awesome! I bet the people in the conference center didn´t even need the subtitles, the gift of the interpreting of tongues was probably spread over them all haha. I especially loved that two of the talks were in SPANISH!! We watch conference in a separate room in English but for the Spanish we´d run down the hall to listen in Spanish. I can´t tell you what a joy it was to listen to them speak Spanish and to not only understand every word but for it to feel so natural to listen to the gospel in Spanish. He was saying some of the very words that I say everyday to the people here. It was too cool! 

So to answer your questions:  My favorites were Uchtdorf in the woman´s conference!!!!!! SO AMAZING!! And also his on Saturday. I also LOVED the talk by Lynn G. Robbins. Especially because he came and talked to us here in June so I felt like I was watching an old friend haha...I also loved the one by Jorg koknaldnlfk (ok so that´s not really his last name but I think it´s something similar) He was making me crack up with how direct he was. ¨If you can do something about it, DO IT.¨ Bahahaha. And I loved Bednar´s talk and the story about his sons. ´´and brothers and sisters, oh did he howl..´´ hahahah. But of course you know that the words of the prophet have to be the favorite. How amazing is it that of all the advice the Savior could give the world right now, it´s to follow His example. To walk as He walked. I don´t know about you guys but I felt the talks were a lot more direct this session and that the emphasis was in gaining our own personal testimonies. Finding our own answers and staying strong to them. It was all about strengthening and staying true to our testimonies continuously. How wonderful that we can receive our own personal revelation and know what is true and what is not. I also thought it was interesting that like 4 people at least used the scripture Helaman 5:12--build your foundation on the rock of Christ....where if men build they cannot fall. I felt like it was all about spiritual preparation. Now is the time. How wonderful is it that we can ask questions and that we can find answers. How wonderful is it that God listens. That our questions really are important to Him. And that he in turn answers. He sends us His spirit so we can come to feel the gospel is true and as we continue searching and using the tools of prayer, scripture study, family home evening, church and temple attendance, we can be strong and sure in our knowledge. The gospel is wonderful and never ceases to amaze me. I´m proud to be a member of La Iglesia de Jesucristo de los Santos de los Últimos Días. 
 
I love you all! Have a great week!
 
Con todo el amor en mi corazón, 
Hermana Evans
 
Intercambios in Olmue.  So Pretty!

My District of missionaries
 

No comments:

Post a Comment