Saturday, December 27, 2014

Feliz Navidad!!!!!!!!

December 22, 2014


Hola familia!!!!!  Feliz Navidad!!! I just have to say that I am so excited for Christmas!

This week was the same old same old. Hiking up hills. Burning thighs. But I am so glad to have arrived at the week we have been long waiting for!! CHRISTMAS! Ok so at first I was like kinda bummed, not going to lie... walking in to houses and seeing their Christmas trees because it was like ah man, I don`t get to have a tree, I don`t get to watch the movie, Elf, I don`t get to do all of the fun Christmas family things. But that only lasted a day because then I got my head on straight and was like wait a minute. The awesome thing about Christmas is that everyone is even more focused on Christ than they normally are. And as missionaries, we`re focused on Christ 24/ 7, so REALLY everyday is like Christmas time for us as missionaries! And that is way better than just a day in a month. And thinking of Christ and his birth and his life and atonement is definitely the best way to spread Christmas cheer, (the second best way is singing loud for all to hear :) )
 
But my companion and I have been planning our Christmas morning since the beginning of the cambio. So we started our diet right after Thanksgiving. And we`ve been doing awesome with it! Straight salads and turkey burgers (I`ve lost almost 10 pounds! yesss) BUT we`ve saved up our money good and we went to the American grocery super story place and we`ve bought everything thing wonderful and magical and sugary that anyone could dream of (and that`s available in Chile). Lets just say we have like 3 bags of Doritos, 4 tubs of ice cream and at least 11 sleaves of cookies. Not to mention the cinnamon rolls, cookies and brownies we will be baking. We added up all the calories we`ve eaten this month with the salads and everything and it was like 17,000. Then we added up all the calories of all the food we bought ( not including what we will be baking) and it`s like 51,000!! Hahahah we were dying. Don`t worry though. There is no way we are going to be able to eat everything. But I think it`s safe to say that we will be having a VERY merry Christmas indeed!!!
 
Have you guys seen the video the church made for Christmas?? It`s called, He is the Gift. IT`S AWESOME! Anyway we show it to everyone right now and I`ve been thinking about the message.  I absolutely love the part where it says that God so loved YOU that He sent His son. It`s so true. He really does love you. And me. And every single one of us. There is nothing that he is not willing to do to help us if we just go to Him. I`ve been thinking on what kind of gift I can give to Him and to my Savior this year. After all I mean it`s Jesus` birthday right?? He definitely deserves a gift. So I wanted to give him a baptism and we got it! But having that experience I think was way more another gift and blessing that He gave me. So I got to thinking again. The Savior is a very hard person to shop for. But then I just kind of realized something that I think I`ve always known anyway. Really the only thing we can give to the Creator of the world is the only thing He truly doesn`t have and that is our will. It`s the only uniquely personal thing that we can give Him. God gave us our agency so we can give Him our decisions. We can give Him our trust. We can give Him our love. And we can do that by keeping His commandments, through serving others, by being examples. It`s a hard gift to give, but it`s also the gift that will just keep giving.
 
I love my Savior so much. I`m so grateful for his birth and his life. For that beautiful night in Bethlehem, not only a baby was born, but it was also the birth of hope, joy, love, second and third chances. The birth of pages in white, the birth of everything lovely and of good report. I love that baby Jesus. I love that man on the cross. I love my Savior.
 
I hope that this season and EVERY season, Spring, Summer, Fall, and Winter, we will always remember and use this great amazing, infinite gift from the most loving Heavenly Father. 
 
I love you all! Have the greatest, merriest Christmas!
Remember to leave some cookies for Santa!
 
Con todo mi amor,
Hermana Evans
Me and my companion

Me, of course!

another pic of me and my companion...we used
this as our Christmas picture!

No comments:

Post a Comment