Tuesday, July 8, 2014

Happy July!


July 7, 2014
 
Hola familia!!!
 
So I seriously can´t believe it´s ya July!!!! How did that happen?? The photos from the beach are beautiful!!! Just keep telling those waves that sorry but they´ll have to wait another year until I´m out there again haha. 
 
For our Fourth of July here we ate tacos but they were delicious! I definitely wasn´t complaining and neither was my Mexican compañera.
 
We also had entrevistas con president this week. He´s so amazing. I swear he´s going to be a General Authority one day and probably the first Latino apostle. There´s just something about him that is super special. Also he told me my spanish is very Chilean. I don´t know exactly what that means because the Chileans speak pretty bad Spanish haha, but I definitely took it as a compliment and the fact that we had the whole interview in Spanish was cool because the last two he did in English (he served a mission in Arizona) but he was like wow you´ve come so far with your Spanish I don´t even feel like I need to do this in English. YES! Win for the blondie. Also it was awesome because I asked him a question that I´ve had for a long time and he was like you know there´s some things in the gospel that we´re just never going to know (and to be honest that was the answer I was expecting) but then he went on to say: I promise you that as you attend the temple you will receive the answer and come to clearly understand why. How awesome of a promise is that! It was almost better than receiving an answer right then.
 
It was also my compañera´s birthday this week which means lots of yummy cake! And it´s super hard to do things as a suprise when you´re with someone every moment but I´m super sneaky and asked what her favorite breakfast was weeks ago and so I made french toast as a suprise in the morning with candles on top. haha
 
We´ve found some new investigadores this week that are awesome and I have high hopes for them! I´m really hoping for one more cambio here so I can see them progress. They´re so funny. Nancy and Gloria are best friends and next door neighbors and they´re like oh you have to be in your house at 10 at the VERY latest, ok so next time come at 5 and then we´ll walk you home at like 9:50. haha they told us they don´t ever want the angelitas to leave. 
 
But everything is super good here! I´m SO happy! I love my compañera, we´re like best friends which makes the work that much more fun! We might quote Nacho Libre and Napolean Dynamite too much haha but it´s awesome and we make homemade tortillas together all the time! They are SOO good!!! I don´t understand why I wasn´t born Mexican.
 
But yeah I think that´s about it for this week. I love you all so much! I love being a missionary! I love the gospel! Hasta proxima semana!
 
Con todo el amor en mi corazón,
Hna. Evans





No comments:

Post a Comment